Address of BME
Műegyetem rakpart 3., H-1111 Budapest, Hungary
How to get to it?
By Budapest public transport:
Tram 4, 6: Petőfi híd, budai hídfő (Petőfi bridge, Buda abutment at Goldmann György square)
Tram 19, 41, 47, 49, 56, 56A: Szent Gellért tér
Bus 153, 212: Petőfi híd, budai hídfő (Petőfi bridge, Buda abutment at Goldmann György square)
Bus 7, 86, 133, 907E, 973E: Szent Gellért tér
From main train stations:
Déli pu.: by tram 56, 61 to Szent Gellért tér
Kelenföldi pu.: by metro line M4 or by tram 19, 49 to Szent Gellért tér
Keleti pu.: by metro line M4 or by bus 7, 907E, 973E to Szent Gellért tér
Nyugati pu.: by tram 4, 6 to Petőfi híd, budai hídfő (Petőfi bridge, Buda abutment at Goldmann György square)
From Ferihegy Airport:
By airport-city centre shuttle bus 100E or use an airport minibus service. The special-price ticket (900 HUF) for the direct shuttle between Liszt Ferenc International Airport and Deák Ferenc tér in the city centre is purchasable through a mobile app downloaded onto any smart phone. Visit bkk.hu/mobileticket for details.
From highways by vehicle:
M1 (E60, E75), M7 (E71): M1-M7 - Budaörsi út - Nagyszőlős u. - Bocskai út - Október 23. u. - Irinyi József u. - Műegyetem rakpart
M3 (E71): M3 - Hungária körút - Könyves Kálmán körút - Lágymányosi híd - Pázmány Péter sétány - Műegyetem rakpart
M5 (E75): M5 - Nagykőrösi út - Gyáli út - Könyves Kálmán körút - Lágymányosi híd - Pázmány Péter sétány - Műegyetem rakpart
- Non-EU and non-EEA (European Economic Area) citizens, should contact the nearest Hungarian Consulate to learn if visa is needed to Hungary
- List of embassies and consulates: https://www.kormany.hu/en/ministry-of-foreign-affairs-and-trade/missions
- The entry visa - "RESIDENT VISA FOR STUDY PURPOSES" - is to be obtained before departure from your country. Among others, you must present the Letter of Acceptance from BME, the proof of payment of the institution fee, proof of your accommodation in Budapest and a passport valid at least one extra year of your arrive. The process takes two weeks or more. The visa will be valid for 30 days only, and after your arrival in Budapest you will have another 30 days to apply for a residence permit (after registration at the university).
- Private accommodation in Budapest is available for EUR 400 per month. During the registration week BME offers help to new students to find accommodation.
- Food and additional expenses are approximately from EUR 170 to 270 per month.
- Health insurance, entitling students for medical care, costs about EUR 120 / semester. Insurance is the condition of both the enrolment at the university and the residence permit. For EU citizens, a valid European Health Insurance Card is necessary.