The CEEPUS International Agreement was signed on December 8, 1993 in Budapest by the relevant Ministers of Austria, Bulgaria, Hungary, Poland, The Slovak Republic and Slovenia. Priorities of the program: contribute to building Europe and the European Higher Education Area, regional academic mobility as a strategic tool to implement Bologna objectives, enable cooperation with SEE and the Ukraine. The member countries are Albania, Austria, Bulgaria, Croatia, Czech Republic, Hungary, Macedonia, Poland, Romania, Serbi, Montenegro, Kosovo Temporary U.N. Administration, Slovenia, Slovak Republic. From 2008 planned new members: Switzerland and Lichtenstein.
The National CEEPUS Office in Hungary: TEMPUS Közalapítvány (Tempus Public Foundation) 1438. Budapest 70, P.O.Box: 508.
The network was founded by the 9 „grandes écoles” in Paris and 8 prominent European Universities in 1997. Our University was invited to joint the ATHENS network in 2000 autumn. In 2007 the number of the effective corresponding member is 24. (TU Delft, KU Leuven, UCLouvain-la-Neuve, IST Lisbon, UP Madrid, Poli Milano, TU Munich, CTU Prague, KTH Royal Institute Stockholm, NTNU Trondheim, TU Wien, Warsaw UT, ITU Istanbul, AUT Aristotle University of Thessaloniki, Grandes Ecoles: ParisTech-Groupement des Ecoles d’Ingénieurs de Paris, Agro ParisTech, Ecole Nationale des Ponts et Chaussées, Ecole Nationale Supérieure d’Arts et Métiers, Ecole Nationale Supérieure de Chimie de Paris, Ecole Nationale Supérieure des Mines de Paris, Ecole Nationale Supérieure des Télécommunications, Ecole Nationale Supérieure des Techniques Avancées, Ecole Supérieure de Physique et de Chimie Industrielles de la Ville de Paris), and BME.
Each academic year, in March and November the member universities launch a 10 days intensive courses programmes in order to give students the possibility to get to know different cultures, institutions and teaching methods.
The TIME was founded in 1989 by the Écoles Centrales (EC), 4 French Grandes Écoles of engineering. The TIME has become Europe's leading network for the teaching bi-cultural, bilingual engineers. After completing the study program, the students receive a Master-level Double Degree diploma. The number of participating institutional member is 42 from 18 countries.
The program is operating since 1996, at the beginning only between Great Britain and France, but now with more than 60 participating institutions of almost all continents. It is objected for students and young professionals who graduate in Engineering or Sciences at a minimum level of a Bachelor’s degree and who seek additional top training another country with a view to practicing engineering on the international scene.
Founded by the Governments of the countries of the Visegrad Group / V4 (the Czech Republic, the Republic of Hungary, the Republic of Poland, and the Slovak Republic) the Visegrad Fund supports common cultural, scientific and educational projects, exchanges between young people and cross-border cooperation. It also helps students to study in Albania, Belarus, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Croatia, Macedonia, Moldova, Montenegro, Serbia and Ukraine.
Initiated in 2002 by Shizuoka University, Japan, Main target is to enrich the partnership between its members: Alexandru Ioan Cuza University in Iasi, Bergische Universitaet in Wuppertal, Comenius University in Bratislava, Gomel State University in Gomel, Warsaw University of Technology and BME. By organizing conferences and other types of programs, the primordial aim of the Inter-Academia Network is to convene the academic scientific staff and students from the member universities to exchange information, new ideas and to foster lasting co-operation relationships in both science and education fields.
Established in 1946 by the Institute of International Education, the Fulbright Program aims to increase mutual understanding between the peoples of the United States and other countries, through the exchange of persons, knowledge, and skills.
Hungarian-American Fulbright Commission in Budapest: H-1146 Budapest, Ajtósi Dürer sor 19-21., Professzorok Háza, I/107.